segmentation fault quake server

Edwin Dicker fedora at dicker.nl
Tue Nov 16 20:02:03 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm running FC2 for some while now with the default kernel 2.6.5-1.358
This week i decided to update the kernel to version 2.6.8-1.521.
Unfortunately my quake server now dies with a segmentation fault while
starting. I'm not able to debug that because of lack of knowledge.
Could this be a one-time kernel version issue ??
Could i install and run the default FC3 kernel on my FC2 install ?? I'd like
to try this just to know if i'm able to run a Quake server in the future
when I perhaps upgrade to FC3.

thanks for your knowledge in advance,
Edwin