clamassassin with call to clamav software corrupts mail messages

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Tue Nov 16 22:23:44 UTC 2004

> > Since I updated from FC2 to FC3 the clamassassin and clamav software is causing
> > my mail messages to be duplicated many times. I didn't know wheather this was
> > caused by fetchmail, sendmail, spamassassin or clamav clamassin software. So I
> > decided to disable calls to these packages from my .procmailrc rules. (Not
> > fetchmail or sendmail of course). I started with clamassassin first. After
> > commenting out the rules in the .procmailrc file for clammassin I found that
> > this behaviour stopped.
>
> Did you manually write your .procmailrc within this and the previous
> mail about the same topic or is it a copy & paste? I ask because both
> contain procmail syntax faults. Your Friday mail - why didn't you
> continue that thread? - contained:
>
> ####################################################################
> #  Sample Procmail File "/home/rmiles/.procmail" #
> ######################################################
> #       Do a "man procmail" for more examples
> #
> PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
> MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail
> DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/rmiles
> LOGFILE=/home/rmiles/MailBAG
< snip >

Thank you for your comments on my .procmailrc file. I will change the file as
you suggested. Unfortunately I did not see any reply to my Friday mail as
I was having trouble with duplicate mail messages at that time.

I get the fedora core mail in digest form an have to compose a new message
for any replies to mails. I am not aware of anyway to reply to a single mail
message from the digest, so thus no threading. Again thank you for your
comments and also Marc Swartz reply to this problem. He is using a newer
version of clamassasin then I am. I will see if I can get that version to see
if that will stop the duplicate mail messages.
--
Richard E Miles
Federal Way WA.