nVidia and 2.6.9-1.3_FC2 you want NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1.run

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Wed Nov 17 11:49:54 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 05:19, Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:
> With the new 2.6.9-1.3_FC2 kernel my oldish
> NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6111-pkg1.run was a bit confused on where things
> were.  It would exit in one of the sanity check phases....
>
> I downloaded the latest NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1.run then booted
> 2.6.9-1.3_FC2 to run level 3 and the .run package did its magic just
> fine.  Up and running: run level 5 and X.  All is fine now.

> to rebooting with the new 2.6.9-1.3_FC2 kernel.  It will not be long
> and the "repository" rpms will have been tested with this new kern
> package by others so if you are a rpm package user for your nVidia
> closed source (accelerated) driver install count to twenty and make
> sure your 'rpm' will do the expected.

    Kudos!  Well documented.  People you've never met will find this
answer on Google and appreciate it, even if they don't letcha know.

    Thanks!  I'm gonna give it a try.
Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller