PCI card not being detected

Paul Kopacz paul.kopacz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 14:26:28 UTC 2004

Carroll wrote:
On Tuesday 16 November 2004 02:32 pm, Paul Kopacz wrote:
> I have a PCI modem which I have attempted to install into a box with
> an ECS P6LX-A+ motherboard.  This computer does not seem to detect
> this card (as in lspci does not list the card).  I have a SCSI
> controller, a video card, and an ethernet card in the other 3 PCI
> ports on this board.  I have tried different slots, even tried
> removing the ethernet card entirely to see if there is some sort of
> conflict (I can't remove the video card for obvious reasons nor the
> SCSI card as I then couldn't boot).  The PCI modem is not fried, as
> putting it into another computer and running lspci shows:
>
> 00:0d.0 Communication controller: Lucent Microelectronics LT WinModem (rev
02)

> (Yes I know this is a winmodem, but there are linux drivers).

Paul:
Start here:
http://www.linmodems.org/
-- cmg

Thanks Carroll,

Unfortunately, if that was my problem, I would be a lot better off.  I
have been able to make this modem work under linux before.  However,
it is not even being detected by lspci on this particular computer.  I
don't know if perhaps it is possible that the mb is incompatible with
this particular modem card, or if this might be caused by an IRQ
conflict (or how such a thing is resolved), or any other random thing.
 I've tried doing some tests (as mentioned above), but I'm not quite
sure what to try next.

Paul