fedora core 3 and ghost

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Wed Nov 17 16:36:34 UTC 2004

I have ghost 2003, and it crashed on the LVM drives, but I was able
to use G4U to create an image file. Did a full install of FC3 on a
clean 80GB drive, and did a g4u. Created a 14GB image file. Then I
used the option to copy NULLs to all the free space on the drive,
and redid the image file, and it was only 2.5GB.  Just do a google
search for G4U, and it is usually the very first hits. Note: This
doesn't work well when going to a smaller drive, but same size and
larger seem to work fine. Even did it with one that was a little
smaller, and after running fsck after a shutdown -r -F now seemed
to fix the error message.