ftp install

ian douglas id at w98.us
Wed Nov 17 18:04:48 UTC 2004

Michael A. Peters wrote:
> If I want to do an ftp install (fc3) from a ftp server on my lan using
> the boot.iso image, how much of
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/
> do I need to mirror?

Depends greatly on what you want installed... If you're doing an
'everything' install, you'll need, well, everything. If you're doing a
very selective install, you'll need to determine dependencies on your
own and download exactly what you need. My guess is that unless you're
doing a minimal install (only CD1 is needed IIRC), that it's probably
going to be more time consuming to determine all dependencies, so just
download the ISO's, mount those on your local filesystem, and copy
everything to a single location.

Better yet, download the DVD iso, and mount that...

-id