Xine-out.wav?

S J mymailid at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 17 21:46:08 UTC 2004

Marcel Janssen wrote:

>On Wednesday 17 November 2004 22:08, Patrick wrote:
>

>>After installing Fedora 3 and the latest Xine, I noticed a file appearing
>>(xine-out.wav) when playing two movie-files at the same time.
>>
>>One of the two comes with sound, the other doesn't.
>>It "dumps" the sound the the .wav file.
>>
>>Does anybody have any idea how to change this?
>>I've been going through Google, the Xine site and the Fedora list, but
>>couldn't find a suitable solution.....
>>

>This is probably a xine issue and I also wondered about this last weeks when I
>started an instance of xine without having my soundcard running.
>I've send a question to xine-user about it (I think it belongs there).
>
>Regards,
>Marcel

Why don't you just user MPlayer instead? :)
You can find it and all the rpms it needs here :
http://heidelberg.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=229
When you're trying to install mplayer, it might complain about certain
applications not installed on your system, but they can all be found on
that website itself.

~SJ