[RH9] impossible to mount eth0 under VMware

ian douglas id at w98.us
Wed Nov 17 23:17:43 UTC 2004

AlilouLinux wrote:
> Hello the list,
> I installed Red Hat 9 (the same problem exist within fedora) under Windows
> with the assistance of the VMware software.
> I encountered a problem: The network card  eth0 does not be mounted.
> Whereas when I leave the VMware software (return under Windows), the network
> exists.

Is this a correct understanding of your problem:

You installed FC3 as a virtual machine on your Windows system, and when
you start that virtual machine, the FC3 installation will not start eth0
to connect to the network?

Your message is a little confusing about "when I leave the VMware
software, the network exists".

I dual-boot my laptop with FC3, but also have FC3 available via VMware
on my XP system as well, and it works just fine. Be sure that you have
'bridged network' selected when you start your virtual machine.

-id