Back Firefox! Back!

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 00:53:35 UTC 2004

Hi Doc,
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:37:40 -0600, Robert G. (Doc) Savage
<dsavage at peaknet.net> wrote:
> Having upgraded from FC1 to FC3 a few days ago, I now have Firefox 1.0
> installed along side Mozilla 1.7.3. Now whenever I click on a link,
> Firefox comes up instead of Mozilla.
>
> Call me a heretic (or at least a mad monk), but I actually prefer
> Mozilla over Firefox. At least under FC1 Mozilla didn't get confused and
> bring up RealPlayer whenever I clicked on an .rpm file expecting to
> download it. Short of deleting this new varmint, how do I restore
> Mozilla to its rightful place as default browser on my system?

If you are running Gnome, Menu->Preferences->More
Preferences->Prefered Applications should allow you to change the
default browser.  Don't know about KDE.  Strange that .rpms seem to be
associated with RealPlayer...  You should be able to change that in
the FireFox Preferences on the Downloads screen.

Jonathan