NVIDIA (DIFFERENT!)

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Thu Nov 18 15:47:50 UTC 2004

Jesse Jarzynka wrote:
>     Hey guys, I got the whole nvidia/udev thing figured out on 2
> different PC's, but on this third one, which has a 128MB memory which is
> the only difference from the other 2, after installing the new driver
> and going back to level 5 I get the big white NVIDIA logo, and then it
> just hangs. All I see is the NVIDIA white screen. Anyone seen this one
> yet?

What version of the Nvidia driver and what video card?

I have seen something similar with 6629 and this video card:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX
4000 AGP 8x] (rev a4)

X doesn't hang but the white screen never goes away and my X display is
useless, but I can log out from X. I just went back to the 6106 drivers.