cannot access /mnt/windows

Red Dragon reddragon72 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 18:32:21 UTC 2004

I have been having this problem since day one with fedora. I have
everthing setup to read my NTFS drive. I have it mounted and can see
it as root, but no user account can see it, and only root can mount
it. I really don't know what to do here. My fstab line looks like this
/dev/hdb1     /mnt/windows      ntfs ro,unmask=0222 0 0

I have tried everything and one thing did work a cmd line
mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows -t ntfs -r -o umask=0222
then I can read it in a non-root mode. I got the info from
http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/info/ntfs.html#4.0

has anyone else had this issue.