samba

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Nov 18 19:40:50 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 18.11.2004 schrieb nowayout um 20:29:

> I have fedora core3. I configured samba to share files from windows.
> When i go to windows network places and trying to connect to fedora i
> get an error
>
> ""\\Localhost is not accesible. You might not have permission to use
> this network resource and blah blah.. at the end say you are not
> connected because a duplicate name exists in the network. Go to System
> in Control Panel to change the computer name and try again"

"localhost" is no valid network name. Be sure both your Windows[tm] host
as well the Fedora host have valid NETBIOS names. The Fedora hostname
can be set using system-config-network.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 20:40:44 up 22:26, 17 users, 1.00, 1.03, 0.89