flakey mouse problems

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 23:47:12 UTC 2004

rado wrote:
> ok...first, for what it's worth:
> [root at rbmain conf]# cat /etc/sysconfig/mouse
> FULLNAME="Generic - Wheel Mouse (PS/2)"
> MOUSETYPE="imps2"
> XEMU3="no"
> XMOUSETYPE="IMPS/2"
> DEVICE=/dev/input/mice
> [root at rbmain conf]#
>
> the mouse: it's like, if maybe I hit an edge of the screen it goes
> bananas...

and earlier:
> this mouse is just a plain ole logitech wheel mouse and runnin thru a
> kvm switch but the problem is not the mouse...it works fine in the
> windows box and the other 2 fedora boxes in this system...just this
> one box here.

Known problem, and it's a problem with the KVM. Try replacing that
"imps2" with "imps", or with "bare" (which will disable the wheel).

You might need to do the same in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | We love Linux, and the most wonderful thing about
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Linux is that it's a problem for Microsoft.