ncurses problem?

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 23:51:18 UTC 2004

Paul Tomblin wrote:
> Has anybody else noticed that in mutt, trn and other ncurses programs
> that Fedora Core 3 messes up the screen a lot more than any previous
> RedHat release?  I'm continually having to hit control-L to redraw the
> screen because of previous lines that aren't deleted.
>
> This is happening with local sessions, but also when I'm ssh'ed in
> from work or from my laptop.  In all cases, my "TERM" environment
> variable is still the same value as it was before.

Yes.

I'm afraid I haven't got any further than "TERM=gnome mutt", though. But
that seems fine.

ISTR a debate over this on the Fedora development list. TERM=gnome
(obviously) isn't nearly as widely understood as TERM=xterm, but the
TERM=gnome terminfo seems to match the terminal better.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "The letters are Elvish, of an ancient mode, but the
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | language is that of Microsoft, which I will not utter