ptrace fixed kernel

Arthur Stephens astephens at ptera.net
Fri Nov 19 00:13:54 UTC 2004

Retail webserver/vsftp - Fedora 2
DNS/Radius server - Redhat 7.0
Secondary DNS/Email/Webserver - Redhat 7.0
None that I am aware of.
They run sshd with name at host access only No root login.
Just wanted to know if Fedora 3 was ptrace fixed kernel. Trying to setup the
new machines as secure as possible.

Arthur Stephens
Sales Technician
Ptera Wireless Internet
astephens at ptera.net
509-927-Ptera

Am Fr, den 19.11.2004 schrieb Arthur Stephens um 0:43:

> Is fedora 3 ptrace fixed?
> All my machines have been hit by sucKIT and I am getting ready to replace
them.

> Arthur Stephens

Please provide more details about your systems. Are they all connected
to internet directly? Do they run SSH daemon? Do you use weak passwords
or even accounts without any password (including accounts
account/password like guest/guest or test/test)? What kind of other
access of services does the machines offer from the net? Or are they
really only running offline?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 00:50:56 up 1 day, 2:36, load average: 0.55, 0.63, 0.73