ftp trouble

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Nov 19 00:23:37 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 19.11.2004 schrieb S J um 1:04:

> I have vsftpd running on my computer behind a Dlink router.
> Users seem to be able to login to the server just fine, but after the
> client goes into passive mode, it hangs and
> doesnt show the directory listing.
> This problem does NOT occur when I try to login to my server
> locally(192.168.0.100).
> So I'm guessing its a router issue? Except, I've already opened up the
> ports 20 and 21 for ftp.

http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html

See this site to understand how active and how passive FTP mode are
working.

> Any ideas on what I can do to make this work?

Try with setting
 IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_ftp"

in /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config. This will be active after a "service
iptables restart". If it does not fix your problem - and I guess the
problem is the D-Link router - you will have to tell the clients to use
active ftp mode only.

> ~SJ

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 01:23:34 up 1 day, 3:09, load average: 0.09, 0.48, 0.72