IBM xSeries 206 SATA HOSTRAID doesn't work with FC3

Marco Fischer mf at freshpub.de
Fri Nov 19 00:30:44 UTC 2004

Hi!

I tried to install FC3 on an IBM xSeries 206 Server with two SATA harddisks
configured as RAID 1. There is one logical volume which covers the whole
capacity. The setup does not recognize the logical raid volume, IT RECOVERS
THE SINGLE HARDDISKS.
I think, the Kernel has not the right modules for this controller. I think
the module is "AAICH". There are disk-images with a driver module on the IBM
website, but only for SuSE 9.0, RH 9.0 and RH Enterprise Linuxes.

I don't want such crap on my linux box! I want FC3!

Is there anybody which runs a 206 with a raid under FC?

Best regards Marco