apt as front-end to up2date

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Nov 19 00:42:45 UTC 2004

William Hooper wrote:

>> I think up2date is a yum front end.
>
> No, it's not.

I asked the same question elsewhere;
apologies if I missed the reply.
But Fedora Tracker <http://www.fedoratracker.org/>
explicitly says in the first sentence on its home page:
The Fedora Project is a free distribution of the Linux operating system,
which uses the RPM  package management system. RPMs can be downloaded and
installed using the apt and yum tools or with Red Hat's up2date utility,
which can serve as a frontend to either.

You are saying, if I understand you correctly,
that all the above means is that
you can access yum repositories with up2date.
I must say I find the wording slightly misleading in that case.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366