imap

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 13:27:14 UTC 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:33:29 +0800, John Summerfield
<debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:
> On Friday 19 November 2004 20:19, Paul Tomblin wrote:
> > In older versions of redhat, I just connected to the imap server and
> > could see my mail, just as if I were to connect directly to
> > /var/spool/mail/ptomblin with mutt.  But Fedora Core 3 evidently has a
> > different imap server, and I can't figure out how to enable it.  I can
> > log into the imap server, but it tells me that I don't have an INBOX.
> > Can anybody tell me how to set this up?
>
> rpm -qd dovecot # I think
> and chkconfig --list | less

Of course, the imap server's RPM is called "dovecot".  How intuitive!

Thanks for your help, everything is working fine.  Now to remove
cyrus-imapd and saslauthd.

--
 "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and