Replacing a DNS Server

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Fri Nov 19 21:05:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 08:55 -0800, Eucke Warren wrote:
> I am looking for some thoughts from those who have waded into FC3 and are
> familiar with FC2 as well.  I have an aging and ailing Windows based DNS
> server that I must replace.  I am trying to decide between FC2 and FC3.  I
> have DL'ed the CD iso's for FC3 and they have passed the md5sum verification
> so I can use them....but which direction would you guys go?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> -Eucke

FC3, just because it will be "supported" for longer than FC2.

You'll do fine if you just do a really minimal installation.  That way
even when FC3 is "end of life" you can still update just those things
which are Internet facing (i.e. bind) fairly easily.

Just my thoughts.
--
A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Q: Why is top-posting bad?