vmware workstation 4.5.2 on fc3 with 2.6.10rc1 kernel

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 22:13:36 UTC 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:05:51 -0600, rogbazan <rogbazan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had been running vmware workstation 4.5.2 on fc3 with 2.6.9 kernel,
> but with the 2.6.10rc1 it does not work...when i try to run it, i get

using a 2.6.10 rc1 doesnt really make sense unless you are a kernel
developer or tester. Even though its tagged a "Rc" its not actually a
release candidate. it only has a alpha or atmost beta status.  its
just Linus being crafty. There would probably be two other "rc"'s and
thousand of bug fixes before the final release.

You arent going to get help from vmware either. I suggest you switch
to 2.6.9 and stick with it alteast till the next final release is done

regards
Rahul Sundaram

--
Regards,