Sound Blaster Audigy - quiet following updates

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sat Nov 20 00:56:14 UTC 2004

I've got a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy card.  The detected sound
module is snd-emu10k1.

During the FC3 install, there is a test for this card and I can hear the
sound just fine.  However, after I switch my desktop to KDE and bring my
system up2date, I lose the sound.  The sound card is still detected, but
I don't hear anything at all.

Has anybody else experienced this?  Am I doing something stupid?  This
system had been running Tao Linux and I don't recall any sound issues at
all - it's just since I've switched to FC3 that things started going
weird.

Thanks,
        .../Ed
--