Problems with sound drivers in Fedora Core 3

Greg Lobring globring at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 02:44:05 UTC 2004

> Greg,
>         It's likely that your card doesn't support digital and therefore
> no checkbox,you basicly need to experiment
> to find the problem.
> 1/  Does "lspci" show the card
> 2/ Is it listed in /etc/sysconfig/hwconf
> 3/ Does "system-config-soundcard" work
> 4/ run "alsactl store"  is it shown in "less /etc/asound.state"
> 5/ If it is logout - login run "alsactl restore" -- what happens --
> 6/ The module is loaded "lsmod"
> 7/ Try diferrent mixers Kmix;Alsamixer;Aumix.

Thanks David!

You know, I had tried almost everything. Finally instead of using
alsamixer and aumix, I right-clicked on the speaker icon in my
toolbar, and chose Properties. When I used alsamixer, I couldn't raise
ANY of the EQ0 through EQ9 values, but when using the extended Volume
Control, I could!

So I raised them all, and what do you know? Sweet beautiful sound.

Ahhhhhhhh.