OT: Power Supplies

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Sat Nov 20 23:20:25 UTC 2004

RoboticGolem wrote:

>Well that settles that.  I ran all day yesterday with no problems...
>The memtest ran from 9pm - 1pm with no errors, but at about 7:30pm
>last night when the washer and dryer were going that it started up
>again.  Also there is a garage band that plays now and again, and I am
>located (I believe) on the same grid as a football stadium.
>
>Now the real trick, which one do I get.

If you have serious power issues, and it sounds like you do, the best
UPS is a Ferroresonant version. That's a technology, not a brand. A
ferroresonant UPS uses the laws of physics to get rid of transients by
using a very heavy transformer to smooth out any noise. I would also
suggest you get a true on line UPS with sinewave output.

These aren't cheap, but they're bullet proof.

--
Bill Gradwohl
bill at ycc.com
http://www.ycc.com