Fwd: missing X11 when configuring mplayer

kockkin ko kockkinko at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 01:24:27 UTC 2004

The problem was Incompatible libXext in amd64 FC3 with mplayer.  It is
not missing X11. the subject is misleading. After some investigation,
I confirmed that.
Let me thank Alexander again for his reply.

I found out the issue from the following investigation:
Do a YUM update with my FC3 installation, I got more than 300 packages
+ all xorg-x11 amd64 rpm packages. I also noticed the packages
including non 64bit version - i386.
YUM did an installation at the end with a completion station.
After the installation, I started to re-do .cofigure. I got the same
error: "Incompatible Xext lib".  The Xext was newly compiled at Nov
20th,
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      14 Nov 20 23:02 /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so
-> libXext.so.6.4
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      14 Nov 20 23:00
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 -> libXext.so.6.4

I went to my P4 stations, where I got a copy of FC3, did the
installation of mplayer. the configure has not issue and the
installation went well.

Well now I could only watch my famous movie "mansfield park" at my P4
4xAGP station, but not at my amd64 8xAGP station.... :(

regards,

kockkin ko