Xorg Mouse button configuration

Tristan Ward tristan at wytraven.com
Sun Nov 21 13:11:12 UTC 2004

Firstly, hello everybody :)

I am a new user of Fedora Core 3 and have been trying to get some help
with configuring my Logitech MX-1000 laser mouse for Xorg.

My searching eventually led me to this document:
http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/wfsection/print.php?articleid=46

I've tried to follow it but it's all a bit much for me.  My mouse does
work, it just doesn''t allow me to use all my butttons.  Right now the
scroll wheel is working and 3 mouse buttons.  My thumb buttons are a
mirror of the 3 main buttons and the 'cruise' buttons are mirroring the
scroll wheel functionality; my left right scrollers dont work at all.  I
am trying to get all buttons working correctly.

I have tried to find evdev, which is mentioned in the above document but
there seems to be no reference to it in my installation or anywhere
amongst FC3's packages list.

I also have a Wacom Graphire2 tablet which is correctly installed
(something from linuxwacom project is installed) and working.

I tried copying the MX-1000 section from the above document into my
Xorg.conf but all that resulted in was X hanging on startup.

Any help or links to information that could help would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Tristan Ward