Struggling with an Nvidia driver and Fedora Core 3

alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Nov 22 05:55:55 UTC 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Marvin Dickens wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 21:29 -0800, alan wrote:
>
> > Move back to the 6111 driver.  That one does not work for me either.
> > (I have a nVIDIA Go 4 440 on an AMD 64 system.)  6111 works fine for me.
>
> I'll down grade to the 6611 tomorrow (I need
> this machine for work and the standard nv driver
> absolutely sucks). Out of curiosity, did you get the same symptoms, ie:
> king-sized nvidia logo and mouse pointer trails?

I got a scrambled screen that looked like it was about to do damage to the
system.

> The reason that I'm asking is that I intend to hack
> at this problem on another machine and if your getting the same thing
> with another card on an AMD 64 system,
> it narrows the scope considerably.

You might check the nvidia web board.  They usually have more info on this
sort of thing.  It would save you the time.

Any reason you need the latest and not-so-greatest driver?

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.