pcmcia wifi card for FC2/FC3

Don Levey fedora-list at the-leveys.us
Mon Nov 22 15:44:15 UTC 2004

Lloyd wrote:
> [...]

Lloyd (et al):
It ended up being quite simple, I think (that machine is at home).  First,
make sure you download the current MadWiFi package:

	http://madwifi.otaku42.de/2004/11/

is what I downloaded.  Then, the standard "make" and "make install".
These built the package and modules, and then installed those modules.
One thing I did need: a valid file for
/etc/sysconfig/networking-scripts/ifcfg-ath0
For the most part, I think I copied the entries in the ifcfg-eth0 script; as
I said, the machine isn't here right now so I can't say for sure.  I may
have restarted the machine (just to make sure - too many years running MS),
but it came up with no problem.

I just installed a new kernel on that machine this weekend; I needed to
rebuilkt MadWiFi because of it, but because I already had the ath0 file it
was a quick and easy process.

 -Don