questions about ps and threads

Peter Smith peter.smith at utsouthwestern.edu
Mon Nov 22 17:23:29 UTC 2004

Pybe wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:36:10 -0600, Peter Smith
><peter.smith at utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:
>

>>Many moons ago I used "ps auxfwwwwm" to display my processes.  This
>>worked well under Redhats, and, actually, _still_ works well under
>>Advanced Server 3.  However, this is not so under Fedora Core 3.  There
>>is mainly a problem with using the "m" option (to see threads.)  Anyone
>>have any insight as to how to get the same functionality under Fedora?
>>Or is it just invalid and deprecated now?
>>

>May be off track but does --forest do what you need?

See, that is the thing. The "f" is for forest. If I do "ps f" I get the
forest view. If I do "ps m" I can see all the threads. If I do "ps fm" I
get an error "ERROR: Thread display conflicts with forest display." This
used to not be the case. With Red Hat 9 I could do "ps fm", and can
_still_ do this with Red Hat Advanced Server 3.

I think I'll send a message to the devel list.

Thanks for the reply though.

Peter