Hardware Compatibilty

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Nov 22 23:36:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 08:38:38AM -0600, Ed Wilts wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 02:14:35PM +0100, Olaf Eichhorn wrote:
> > I'm looking for an hardware compatibility list for FC3.
> > We run an IBM X-server 225 with FC1 for half an year now. FC1 is pretty
> > stable (no reboot:-). Now I want to update to FC3. Where can I check
> > whether the hardware will work?
>
> In general, hardware compatibility improves with every release - it's
> extremely rare for hardware support to be dropped.  My suggestion would
> be to take a good backup and do the upgrade - you'll very likely find
> that the hardware is as supported as it was before.

In general, yes. However, RH has decided that a bunch of old "legacy"
devices are no longer supported OOTB. Therefore, all my old systems using
3c509b-tpo cards (I have a bunch of these cards) no longer recognize
the network card. Oh well, progress marches onward!

                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.