FC-3 kernel failed on SCSI machine

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Mon Nov 22 23:49:07 UTC 2004

Sadly, the FC-3 kernel failed on my SCSI-only machine with a kernel panic.
There was some sort of problem with initrd.

Fortunately, I was able to get into the system with the Rescue CD,
"chroot /mnt/sysimage" and compile kernel-2.6.9,
which I had in my home directory.

This machine used to boot with Redhat kernels,
the last one that worked being RH-8.0, IIRC.

As far as I can see, this is a fairly standard, if rather old, machine
(given that it is SCSI-only),
with an ASUS P2B-LS motherboard.

--
Timothy Murphy