Media players compatible with Linux?

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Tue Nov 23 07:19:26 UTC 2004

On Tue, November 23, 2004 1:05, Gregory Gulik said:

> I know this is slightly off topic but I've been wanting a media player
> box hooked to my stereo so I can just stream MP3/OGG files off my PC and
> play them through my stereo as easily as a CD player.

I was looking for something quite similar -- but at least also supporting
802.11 and live-streaming of MP3 & RM. Given that my stereo is just next
to the TV, a video option for JPEGs and possibly avi would probably be
next. All the devices I found had their shortcomings one way or another (a
lot actually don't really receive good reviews) and most required a
Windows server in the LAN. Hence I went back to building my own diskless
box. At least I have control over the features it supports now...

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>
http://www.HaJo.Net

PGP-Key:  http://www.hajo.net/hajonet/keys/pgpkey_hajo.txt