Missing keybindings in OOo

Joe Carsto carstolinux at comcast.net
Tue Nov 23 13:40:11 UTC 2004

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

>Hey, everyone:
>
>Using openoffice.org-1.1.2-11.5.fc3 on FC3 for the first time (I've been
>using Sun StarOffice up to now), and I find that several keybindings are
>"wrong" from my point of view.
>
>Note that by "wrong" I mean that those keybindings worked the same way
>forever in Microsoft Office 95 through 2000 and also in Sun StarOffice 6
>and 7, so I expect them to work the same way in OOo. Of course, the
>change may be deliberate... but if so it is going to confuse the bloody
>hell out of people migrating from other apps.
>
>Here is a list of some of the things I wonder about:
>
>	1. Ctrl-Enter properly selects the entire column, but Shift-Enter does
>not select the row. It incorrectly inserts a space into the current
>cell, also making the selection of multiple rows for insertion or
>deletion more difficult.
>
>	2. Ctrl-Shift-1 should format numbers #,##0.00 but does not.
>
>	3. Ctrl-Shift-4 should format numbers $#,##0.00 but does not. I am
>skipping the local currency reference here for simplicity.
>
>	4. Ctrl-Shift-5 should format numbers 0.00% but does not.
>
>	5. When entering a number into a cell which has already been formatted
>as a percentage, MS Office is smart enough to accept input of "55" as
>"55%". OOo will take "55" literally as "5500%". (Note: StarOffice did
>this too, yuck.)
>
>	6. Ctrl-Shift-J does not return from full-screen mode.
>
>I have checked the OOo help screen, and it says those keybindings should
>work. Have I missed something? Or should I bugzilla this? I haven't
>checked Bugzilla for existing bugs or dupes yet, but I will a little
>later.
>
>Cheers,

I am using OOo 1.1.3 on FC3 and my keybindings (shortcut keys) work as
follows:
    1.  Ctrl-Enter does not select the column, Shift-Enter does not
select the row.
    2.  Ctrl-Shift-1 does format numbers as #,##0.00 (as expected)
    3.  Ctrl-Shift-4 does format numbers as $#,##0.00 (as expected)
    4.  Ctrl-Shift-5 does format numbers as 0.00% (as expected)
    5.  Entering 55 in a cell formatted for percentage shows 55% (as
expected), not 5500%
    6.  Ctrl-Shift-J does not return from full-screen.  It does,
however, enter full screen mode.  You must click a close button to exit
full screen.

I cannot find a way to alter these keys through the Tool-Option dialog.

Good luck,
Joe Carsto
carstolinux at comcast.net