vsftp + root blank password

Stuart MacDonald stuartm at connecttech.com
Tue Nov 23 16:41:50 UTC 2004

From: Jeff Vian
> I think you are looking for the information in the man page for
> vsftpd.conf.
> It has much more information than the comments in the default
> vsftpd.conf file.

No, I'm not. I'm using the default vsftpd.conf, which has
local_enable=yes in it.

I've also been unable to figure out whether the installed vsftpd uses
PAM or not. I assume it did, but all attempts at getting the pam
system to produce debugging output have failed as well. The debug
keyword doesn't have an effect on any module, and there's no output in
messages. There's also no other logfile either.

Putting pam_rootok.so in various places has no effect either.

..Stu