Trouble with Netgear WG511 under FC3 on emachines 6805 (AMD64).

Kedar Patankar kedarnp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 19:54:43 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have an emachines M6805 laptop with WG511 cardbus wireless card. I
have an FC2 installation on this puppy and it works like a champ using
WEP. I am trying to install FC3 on this laptop and I can't get the
wireless card to work. I copied the f/w I am using under FC2 (which I
got from the XP driver) to /lib/firmware and inserted the line "alias
eth1 islpci_cb" to /etc/modprobe.conf. I also tried out the f/w
available from prism54.org. But the whole thing is dead - I don't see
any activity on the card - no blinking LEDs - nothing.

Has anyone else managed to get WG511 working under FC3? Or is it an
x86_64 specific problem? I do remember people mentioning success with
WG511 on FC3-T3 on prism54.org

Any ideas?

Regards/Kedar.