Can ndiswrapper be included in Fedora????

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Tue Nov 23 22:19:18 UTC 2004

Gregory Gulik wrote:

> I am forced to use ndiswrapper for a built-in wireless card in my
> laptop and almost everyone else I know who runs Fedora on their
> laptops needs to use ndiswrapper for wireless as well. Very few
> chipsets "just work" in Fedora.
>
> I know that the drivers can't be included but is there any reason the
> ndiswrapper driver isn't included in Fedora????
>
> It would make things a LOT easier for a LOT of people to not have to
> re-build it every time the kernel is updated.
>
> Just a thought...

Building ndiswrapper is not complex. It's not more than 40 seconds on a
200 Mhz Pentium II. A fast machine should be able to build it in 4 or 5
seconds. Then a quick 'modprobe ndiswrapper' and one is all set. Seems
pretty easy to me. And yes I actually am using ndiswrapper-0.12rc3 on a
200 Mhz Pentium II system.

Bob