Can ndiswrapper be included in Fedora????

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 00:41:49 UTC 2004

Hi

> I would expect it to be in he same class as prism54 which will only work with
> binary-only firmware. That is in the standard Sarge kernel; I just checked.

firmware is very different from proprietary software. read lkml
discussions and debian legal discussions regarding this. afaik the
debian guidelines have been clarified to make it apply for everything
thats distributed with debian rather than just software and that
includes fonts, firmware, documentations and images. so the next
release of debian is likely going to ship without these firmware stuff
and have it only in the contrib repository
--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram