Pop-up dialogs receive keyboard focus

Serge de Souza serge at cs.curtin.edu.au
Wed Nov 24 08:58:37 UTC 2004

Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> I don't know if this is a GNOME thing, or whether it is specific to
> GAIM-vv, but when a dialog box pops up, it receives the focus, so if I
> am typing, the dialog gets cancelled. Very annoying. Can I change this behaviour?

This is most probably a window manager feature (i.e. all new windows get
focus). Metacity is pretty dumbed down but there may be a way to fix
that (I do not use it so can't really help, google? someone else?). If
it really bothers you switch window manager (Personally I can't stand it
that "feature")

Serge