New to Linux

Mera Mottaleb mmottaleb at projectsinknowledge.com
Wed Nov 24 18:18:31 UTC 2004

Hi,

This is my first time ever using Linux. I have just installed Fedora
Core 2. During installation, I put in the password for the admin using
the number keys on the right, with the num lock key on.

After installation when I try to login using the username:
administrator and the password I created, with the num lock key on, I
get a message saying that user name or the password is not correct. By
the way I tried it with the num lock key off too.

This was my second installation. First time when I had the same
problem, I thought I had put in the wrong password, so the second time
when I installed it, I made sure that I was using the right password.

Is it possible to change the admin password or to do anything that will
prevent me from reinstalling?

Thanks
Mera