daytime service

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Nov 24 16:17:28 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 11:07, Mustafa Orkun wrote:
> no,pardon.it didn't work.when i restarted linux it worked but when i
> boot into XP i find time 2 hours before now.well,maybe i will stop this
> service completely,thanks for your interest.
> Mustafa Orkun yazmış:

Oh!  Your problem comes from XP and Linux fighting over how the hardware
clock should be setup.  I believe there was a discussion of this a few
months ago.

I don't remember what the resolution was.  I think they determined that
the value stored in the hardware clock was different for Windows and
Linux, or they interpreted that value differently.  Try searching the
archives for that discussion.

I have yet to setup a dual boot system so have not seen this issue.  I
did fight with Windows 2000 which for some reason kept setting the time
incorrectly on the laptop.  Have not had that problem with FC2.

Personally I think the number of problems involved with trying to run a
dual boot system is not worth it.  Better to run Linux and find
equivalent applications that run native under it.  (so far about the
only thing I have not been able to find is a tax program, and I am no
wild about using their web based option.)

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

I can read your mind, and you should be ashamed of yourself.