Use of /media instead of /mnt

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Wed Nov 24 16:40:39 UTC 2004

Steve Fink wrote:
> Can anyone explain why the switch to /media instead of /mnt
> In my mind, media is something you put into a device to read or write,
> /mnt contains mount points where devices can be mounted to access media.
> Am I just not getting the logic behind the /media change?

I completely agree with you.  The change is completly cosmetic, and will
couase all sort of existing things that expect things to be mounted into
/mnt/* to fail.  Plus my fingers are still typing /mnt, and than hitting
delete and retyping /mnt and hitting delete, and than slowly trying to
type /media.  And it was almost two weeks since I'm playing with Core 3.
  Argh!  I wonder whose bright idea that was.