SpeedTouch 330 USB DSL kernel module

Bill Somerville bill at classdesign.com
Wed Nov 24 17:28:15 UTC 2004

Ben Arnold wrote:
>>> Certainly someone should jump to your side who has the hardware and
>>> mastered it successfully :)
>

> I'm using the modem and have been trying to get it working for ages.
> Give me a weekend and I'll see what I can do with the new information!
>
> Ever get the feeling of : Linux + complications = death?

Well not quite that bad - after all I have it working at the moment. It
just won't start up cleanly. I think that the problem is a basic kernel
problem that has stopped the kernel mode driver working in a few
versions. Hence lots of people have hacked it to get it going again
(probably without internet access for help and coordination). Having two
drivers floating around can't help either!!

It needs a driver expert to sort out the kernel mode driver and someone
to explain the right way to get the hotplug stuff working cleanly so
that it loads the firmware when required, before the PPPoE or PPPoA
stuff gets triggered. Once its up and running, it seems to go fine.

> Cheers,
> Banana :-)

Bill Somerville