PHP-4.3.9-3 Recompile Fails

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Nov 24 19:10:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 13:54 -0500, Lummoxx wrote:
> --copy-->
> So, I'm in the process of compiling again, waiting to see the results.
> <-----
>
> Compile was successful!  I just hope I don't ever need curl or yp/nis support.
>
> Of course, the ordeal can't be over yet.
>
> Running "rpm -U php-4.3.9-3.i386.rpm" yeilds a dependency failure.  It
> says it needs libsybdb.so.  It's located in /opt/sybase/OCS-12_5/lib,
> and that's in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH path statement, so I'm not sure what
> I need to do with it in order for the rpm to be upgraded.

I guess you didn't install sybase with an RPM then. If you didn't, RPM
won't know about the library. Is that the case?

If so, there are a few options:

1. Try to find an RPM for sybase and install that
2. Create a dummy RPM for sybase containing all the files and install
that
3. Create a dummy RPM for sybase containing nothing but with Provides:
libsybdb.so
4. Install the PHP RPM with --nodeps

I'd put these in descending order of preference.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>