Latest kernel src??

Mariano Draghi mdraghi at prosud.com
Wed Nov 24 19:19:57 UTC 2004

Søren Neigaard wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 20:03, Mariano Draghi wrote:
>>You don't need the kernel sources for building most kernel modules.
>>Please, read the release notes.
>>Also, please search the list archives for further comments/details on
>>the issue. This pops up every single day here!
>
> Well... I do need the source

No, you don't.

 > the NVidia script asks for the source. So
> yes I need it, and yes others have asked about NVidia before, but Im not
> asking about NVidia, Im asking about the kernel source...

Yes, I know what you are asking for. And you don't need the sources. You
need the headers.

> I have before installed the NVidia driver, which is pretty easy if you
> have the kernel source, but I have some problems getting the latest
> source. Can (will) you help here, or am I on my own?

As I said, please, read the *FC3* Release Notes, and search the archives!
As a proof of concept ;) , I'm pasting the reply to the very same issue
that someone else gave out earlier today:

Regards,

--
Mariano