Gmail account and this mailinglist

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Wed Nov 24 20:05:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:20:31 -0600, Jonathan Berry wrote:

> > File a bug report with them here:
> > http://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_bugs
>
> Who said this is a bug?  Okay, here is the test: I have changed the
> settings in gmail to a blank Reply-To: field.  How does it come across
> on your end?

In the "Settings", that doesn't work. You are supposed to enter a
non-default reply-to address there. An empty one doesn't work.

> The thing is, the default is to set the field with the
> user's email.

GMail's "Reply" only replies to sender, but no the list, and "Reply to
all" then replies to sender and list. There you would need to delete
the sender's address from the list of recipients.