Serial terminal emulator

Steve Fink stevef at netvantix.com
Wed Nov 24 20:27:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 21:07 +0100, Jakub Roguski wrote:
> Hi all,
> I very often have to configure devices, which use serial port and null-modem
> cable for communication. I'm looking for the most comfortable solution of
> VT100 terminal emulator running over serial port on FC3. I tried minicom, but
> would like something easier to use. Any idea? Maybe a way to use linux
> terminal together with serial port? Or simple VT100 emulator using serial?
>
> Jakub

Jakub,

I don't mean this to be a rhetorical question.

What could be easier than Minicom?

I configure all types of equipment using the serial port and a cable
( null modem or straight ) and use Minicom.  Once Minicom is setup it
connects to the device automatically and just works.

Where are you having trouble?

Best,

Steve
--