Can't get shockwave viewer to install in FC3

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Wed Nov 24 22:56:00 UTC 2004

Not only did it not take the install path properly, but it started some
sort of rogue process on my machine !  My laptop fan went nuts and I did
a top and found a macromedia process running !  What is up with that ?

I very much dislike installing third party closed source software that
comes from the Internet.  I killed the macromedia process.  A few
minutes later my fan went nuts again.  This time top showed the process
"top" running at 98% cpu usage.  I rebooted and now the process list
looks OK.

I need shockwave to view a website.  Anyone else had this
experience ?

--
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc