runnaway/ghost/rogue processes

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Thu Nov 25 04:30:23 UTC 2004

I've been running FC3 since rc3 with no problems.

Starting a few hours ago, since the attempted installation of Macromedia
flash player, I've got "autospawning" processes.

For example, if I reboot everything will be fine.  A few minutes later
the fan on my laptop will start howling.  I'll run top and find a top
process running at 90% cpu utilization.

If I kill it, it starts running again, but only after I exit top.

All the processes look normal except for two termed migration/0 and
migration/1.

How could a top process autospawn itself ?

I've got all the updates installed on FC3.

Any ideas ?

--
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc