Rescue HD setup procedure

Mitsuho Iizuka m-iizuka at cp.jp.nec.com
Thu Nov 25 08:59:31 UTC 2004

Hi,

Do you mean it's a grub bootloader crush in MBR ? If so, it is worst
case. In this case, I will borrow old FC1 CD-ROMs, then boot from it
and grub setup to write bootloader in MBR. And I have 2 /boot area,
such as /dev/hda2 (rescue & fresh) and /dev/hdb1 (fc3). I think
/dev/hdb1 has highest crush probability.

From: Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>

> Yes, but bear in mind that one of the reasons you might need a rescue
> image is that your bootloader (e.g. grub) is screwed up, and if you need
> your bootloader to load your rescue image then you're no better off than
> you were before setting it up on your hard disk.

// M.Iizuka