gnome-ppp

Rajesh Ganesan grajeshiyer at myrealbox.com
Thu Nov 25 11:00:27 UTC 2004

Thanks for your answer Alex,
But this does solve my problem. USERCTL=yes already exists.
Well, why do you need gnome-ppp. Please refer to my another question
regarding gnumeric templates too.
In fact, my aim to use a totally gnome environment. OO.o is very slow at
times just struck - takes around 450MB of my memory. I wanted to try
gnome office. But even though I can convert to .gnumeric files, I cannot
use (open?) them as templates.
Another problem is to have some software as easy as kppp. I cannot
configure modem lights. It doesn't work for me. It asks 'do you want to
connect?' Say 'yes' and that's all. Gnome-ppp, I can connect as root. As
an ordinary user, it says modem does not exists at all ?!
Any help in the above matters is welcome.
Again, my aim to have a total gnome desktop. Only these two stand in my
way.
Rajesh